Nine Kids, One Family
I grew up with eight siblings.
When people hear that, the first question is usually some version of "how did that even work?" Honestly, I think growing up in a family that big shaped me in ways I'm still noticing.
You're never the only one who matters
In a family of nine kids, the world doesn't revolve around you. There are always other people with their own needs, their own plans and their own bad days. You learn to share. You learn to wait. And you learn that taking care of each other is just part of life.
I think that's a big reason I've always been drawn to work that's about other people. On a fire crew, everybody depends on everybody. In property management, the job wasn't the buildings. It was the residents. Leading a sales team, my job was to help other people succeed.
Now I'm the parent
Today I'm a father myself, and being a dad has become the most important part of who I am. I'm a family man. My favorite days are simple ones: hiking, camping or taking my family to the park.
When you come from a big family, you carry it with you. You know family isn't something you get to do only when it's convenient. You show up.
Faith and family
I'm a follower of Jesus Christ, and my faith is a big part of my life. For me, faith and family go together. Both remind me that life isn't just about me.
Three generations in one place
I'm a third-generation Bend local, born and raised here. My family has been part of Central Oregon for a long time. That's a big part of why I want to serve this community.
I'm running for Deschutes County Clerk because I want this county's government to treat people the way a good family does: with patience, fairness and respect, whoever you are.
The general election is November 3, 2026.
— Jon Curtis
Learn more: jonathancurtis2026.netlify.app
Comments
Post a Comment