I'm Jonathan Curtis. Here's Who I Am, in My Own Words.

Hi, I'm Jon Curtis. People ask who I am, so I figured I'd answer it myself.

I'm running for Deschutes County Clerk in the November 3, 2026 general election. I'm a third-generation Bend local. I grew up in Central Oregon with eight brothers and sisters, and I'm a dad now.

Where I come from

When I was 19, I experienced homelessness. I went to Job Corps to train as a wildland firefighter, and then worked seasonal fire for the U.S. Forest Service. In my last year, I led PT and hikes on Engine 335 under our engine captain.

The work I'm proudest of

Much of my working life has been in housing. I managed five apartment properties for Cascade Management in Madras, and later managed Bridge Meadows in Redmond, an intergenerational community for older adults and for families adopting or fostering kids.

There, I handled maintenance and repairs, moved new residents in, and hosted weekly community events. When residents were struggling with rent, I helped connect them with local programs that might be able to help. I believe that work helped families there feel safe again. It meant a lot to me, because I knew what it was like to need housing myself.

I've also worked in construction and commercial lending, led a 15-person sales team, and I run small businesses today.

Some other things about me

I'm autistic, and I spent 19 years in speech therapy for four speech impediments. I'm a follower of Jesus Christ, and faith is a big part of my life. I love hiking, camping and park days with my family.

Why Clerk?

I ran for Bend City Council in 2024. That experience pointed me toward the Clerk's Office, which handles elections, property records, marriage licenses, archives and passport applications. These are services people need at big moments in their lives.

My priorities, from my voters' pamphlet statement:

  1. Secure and transparent elections
  2. Easier digital access to public records and licensing
  3. Clear, responsive communication with every resident

That's me. If you have more questions, leave a comment. I'm happy to answer.

— Jonathan Curtis

Learn more: jonathancurtis2026.netlify.app

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Commercial Lending Taught Me About Serving the Public

Bend Ran License-Plate Cameras for Six Months Before Residents Got a Say

The Responsibilities Behind a Property-Management Day