Every Week, We Made Room to Gather

When I managed Bridge Meadows Redmond, one of my favorite parts of the job had nothing to do with repairs or paperwork.

Every week, I hosted a community event for the residents.

Bridge Meadows is an intergenerational community, with older adults and families living side by side. My job was to keep the property running well: maintenance, repairs, moving new families in, and helping residents find local programs that could help with rent when money got tight.

But the weekly gatherings were where neighbors became a community. People got to know each other. Older residents and families spent time together. It's hard to put into words, but you could feel the place come together.

I believe that work helped families there feel safe again. That's what I'm proudest of.

A county office can work the same way. It isn't just counters and forms. It's people. I'm running for Deschutes County Clerk because I want residents to walk in and feel welcome, not lost.

Thank you to everyone who made those weekly events what they were. ❤️

— Jon Curtis

Learn more: jonathancurtis2026.netlify.app

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teaching People Who Had Never Sold Anything

What Commercial Lending Taught Me About Serving the Public

Nine Kids, One Family