A Studio Built by Hand

When I recorded my first in-person podcast, it was at a small studio right here in Bend.

The owner set it up for me on just a few minutes' notice. And I learned something that stuck with me: the owners had built the studio themselves, and the furniture too, from wood they had on hand.

I gave them a shout-out on air, and I want to give them one again here.

Built here, by people who live here

That's what I love about this place. People here don't wait for someone else to make what they need. They build it. And when a neighbor needs help, they make room for them.

Supporting local businesses and local creators isn't just a nice idea. It keeps money and talent in our community, and it keeps Bend feeling like Bend.

Why I'm telling you this

I'm running for Deschutes County Clerk, and I think about service the same way that studio owner treated me: be ready to help, make it easy, and do it with care. That's what I want every resident to feel when they deal with the Clerk's Office.

The general election is November 3, 2026.

— Jon Curtis

Learn more: jonathancurtis2026.netlify.app

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Commercial Lending Taught Me About Serving the Public

Bend Ran License-Plate Cameras for Six Months Before Residents Got a Say

Nine Kids, One Family